In class we have been so far for the last few days been learning about ancient people from long ago, called the Incas. In their land everything was made of stone. Their roads, bridges, Houses (that only had one window and one door.Amazing right!) stores and about EVERYTHING ELSE!!! The only thing I can think of now is their thatched roofs and boats. They had to get everywhere on foot. They had llamas and things that they walked with, but they never rode ON them because they were treated VERY well and with VERY good care. They used their llamas for LOTS of things such as, clothes, blankets, yarn, (because they sewed everything that they owned!) string, etc.
The Inca's like lots of other people 700 years ago didn't have money. They traded their stuff for other peoples stuff. And since they didn't have money to pay taxes they payed service to pay taxes
the Inca's had a sun god, and every year they thanked him in a sacred prayer and then partied for like almost three days.Their god's name was Inti. Another thing that they did that was traditional was that they loved their ruler (which I will say the name of in a moment,) He made a kind of like rule/law tipe of thing that if they did anything wrong they would die, (no complaint they did what their ruler asked) and then mummify.(die, mummify!Ha ha! Get it?) When my teacher explained to me exactly HOW they mummified I almost gaged. I would not like to be the person who did that!!!! They also do a traditional thing that I think is so wired, is they mixed up our now-a-day's boy and girl. The boy's were the one's who got their ears pierced, ( the big loop way) wore purses never stayed at home built the bridges, cut the rock to billed houses (that they cut the stone SO good that when they found machupichu 'maa-choo-pee-choo' they couldn't even stick a knife blade through those stones! I will talk about the towns in a minute when I tell the story) and everything else. While the mom's took care of the kids, loked @ their families mummified body's, sowed clothes, and did the other things moms would do.And the most fierce most important most best law they could keep that was very traditional was about their king. He had an issue on what he wore. He wore only an outfit once and it HAD TO BE MADE ENTIRELY OUT OF GOLD or they would probably be put to death. They called gold tears of the sun, and silver tears of the moon. Nobody was allowed to wear his clothes or gold. This was the Inca's most fierce rule.Or they would be pushed off the stiff side of the mountain IMMEDIATELY. Well, there is way more that I super dooper want to say but, i now need to tell you the ancient story and then do my home work. Oh and one more important thing the Inca's lived on the cost of Peru.
Pachaccuti's Empire.
That is the heading/title I thought I was going to tell you but i CAN NOT remember the names of some of them. Man! Sorry I told you I would tell you, which I will later, But I can't right now. When I come home with my Inca folder I will totally tell you it is WAY interesting. But I can tell you this much.
There was a man named Hyram Bingam, who wanted to search To try to find Cuzco, Machupichu, and other cities on the Andie's Mountains on the cost of Peru. After finding only one left behind city, Machupichu they had took pictures and re-built it up they opened it up for people to see. He had tried to find Cuzco his entire life but he never did.It was Because it got burned up in war with the two brothers.(that I will hopefully soon talk about)And the fact that it was their main city is pretty hard to believe since it was the biggest. When I grow up I would love to go there and see Machupichu. That is now on my "My Dreams" list!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I have been wanting to go there too. I met some people on my mission from Peru, so maybe you and I will have to fly down there and we can stay with their family. I guess that just means that you will have to learn spanish.
Kaitlin, Why are you so freakin adorable. We would love to go on that vacation with you. Lets get planning!
Post a Comment