Monday, November 17, 2008

What are you thankful for?

I love this time of year. Leaves are hues of orange, red and yellow. The air smells of firewood. The wind is crisp and cool. But, best of all I get to spend the fourth Thursday around a table with ALL of my family. Every Thanksgiving we have a tradition of sharing what we are most thankful for. In the spirit of the month of November and thanksgiving I wanted to share five things I am grateful for.

1. Each member of my family- for the distinct and different ways they each enrich my life.
2. For the delicious tastes of turkey, buttery mashed potatoes, baked stuffing and homemade rolls. I am very grateful for food.
3. For a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. Just knowing of his sacrifice fills me with hope.
4. For prayer to give me strength when I don't think I can rise from my knees to live another day.
5. For trials and hard times that develop me into the person I wish I could be.

1 comment:

Hanna said...

I copied your post, and did one of my own.

I gotta admit, I understand, maybe to a lesser degree, all about prayer and it helping you be able to get off your knees.