Monday, May 12, 2008

Charity Team Roping Event

Jared auctioning a blanket. Phil, Carol, Cam & Kate
Jared heeling a steer.
Jared waiting for his turn to rope
Mom, Drew & KateJared helped put on a team roping event at the Rodeo Grounds for his late partner, FO (he called him). FO passed away from heart failure. I think he was 82, and he roped steers clear up until he was hospitalized. Jared helped auction off some of FO's saddles, buckles, blankets and horses for his widow. The roping also made about $5000 to help her out as well. The kids and I worked in the concessions stand and sold hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos, homemade cookies and cold sodas. Kaitlin was a great cashier, Andrew worked the grill. Phil helped get the roping going at the rodeo grounds. Mom and Carol helped all around to make it run smoothly. It was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Hanna said...

I'm a little sad I missed it. how much did you guys end up making? Did all of your cookies sell?

gray family said...

We made about $300 and yes my cookies sold like hot cakes! Cameron said my cookies are famous now.