I love having lots of camps to go to!
My Tennis camp was so amazing and fun! Maybe even the best week of my life... haha:) Monday we checked in, met the coaches, played some tennis, and ate lunch at this really cool place across from the Smith Fieldhouse (where we played on the indoor tennis courts) called the Legends Grille. After that we had Afternoon excercizes, and at 4:00 the off-campus people (weirdos... who wouldn't want to stay on campus???) went home and the on-campus people (aka me) went back and that's when the party started! We met our roomates, counselors, and dorm floors. I had two roomates... Emma who was from Springville, and Grace that came from Idaho Falls. They were really nice and awesome roomates! Then there was my counselor Lindsay... I LOVE HER!! She was the coolest, nicest, happiest, most amazing dorm counselor ever.... and her devotionals were soooo good!!!! At 8:00 we headed to the track/soccer field and had field games and ice cream for our evening recreation activity. Then at 10:00 we headed back and had a short little devotional on the Atonement. I loved it so much! The first day was an awesome first impression.
Tuesday we had an amazing breakfast at my new favorite resturaunt... the CANNON CENTER!!! You haven't lived until you've been there... holy cow:) It was like there was so many choices on everything you could ever possibly think of to have for breakfast (or any meal, really) and you could have as much as you wanted!!! It was so convienient and delicious... plus there was a whole dessert bar with all kinds of pasties, and donuts, and soft served ice cream... ahhh:)
9:00 we had practice at the Smith Fieldhouse.... although, we didn't exactly make it there on time:/ We got lost on the way there and ended up like a mile away from where we were supposed to be. Finally, we started asking directions to the "Wilkinson Center" so we could atleast be pointed in the right direction. News flash, the tennis courts are actually at the Smith Fieldhouse. When we got back at 4, during Couselor time (the time between 4-8:00) Lindsay did our hair while we watched the Bachelorette:) Doesn't get much better than that... haha:) At 8 our activity was a talent show... which me and my friends did the Bon Qui Qui skit in. Before bed around 10:30 our awesome devotional was on Faith.
The highlights of Wednesday.... Were we ate breakfast and lunch at the Cannon Center. I am seriously in love with that place!!! And at 4 we rushed home to be first on the bus to 7 peaks!!!! That was super fun to go swimming with all the other sports camps and do dares down the big slides with my friends. It was awesome. When we got back, Lindsay took us to the BYU creamery. **Ahh** gotta love that place.
Thursday workouts for conditioning were hard. Most days we would warm up, run laps, and do small workout routines. Thursday, we did all that and afterward ran up what is known on campus as the "Thousand Stairs." We raced up the stairs 6 times, and if we lost the race we had to get in the back of the line and do it again. It was hard... but good for your legs!
During counselor time Lindsay took us to another favorite of mine... the BYU Bookstore!
For our recreation we went and saw a super lame movie. Apparently parents complain about anything but the babyish ones, so they showed us the little kid cartoon The Goofy Movie. It was stupid. Since no one was paying attention anyway... there were a few boys in the back of us (me and my friends) that decided they were going to have a little fun. This one guy dared his friend (this really nerdy weirdo... not even cute at all!!!) to come flirt with all of us until he got one of our numbers. Anyway, he tried all the cheesy moves in the book when finally I was like, "I'll give you my number!" He was so excited and relieved, which was when me and my friends started having a little fun. Instead of giving him my actual number, I gave him the Rejection Hotline. (Which, by the way, if you haven't ever called is 212-660-2245. Call it... it's hilarious!) I never did get to see the guys face when he called it... but oh, I can play the game too buddy.
Friday I had a really deliciously sad breakfast. It was my last time EVER eating at the Cannon Center:'( *sniffle sniffle*
Friday was our tournament day. For the last day at Tennis Camp we had a huge tournament where they split us into divisions and we played sets against different people to try to win the division trophy. Because they had an odd number of people at the camp, they ended up having to people that got their own division. Me, and my best friend at Tennis Camp, Carly. We already knew we were guaranteed a trophy... so we honestly didn't even have to try. The trophy is pretty sweet though, I must say:)
| I found this on my desk in my dorm on the last day from Lindsay... she is so nice! |
Tennis Camp was so fun and one of the best weeks ever! The only thing that sucked was I forgot my camera at home so I wasn't able to take any pictures:( But atleast everything made such and impression.. I didn't need pictures because I'll never forget!




No comments:
Post a Comment