This summer we all had sports camps to keep us from watching T.V. 24/7. I had tennis, and Cameron and Kortney had soccer. Poor Kelsey wasn't old enough to do anything, so basically she got to watch the tennis and soccer. We all had the camps last week, and then Cameron has football this week with Jamal Willis! (just wait) I signed up with for the tennis, as did Cameron with his football this week, but he and Kortney did Challenger soccor with.
Just so everyone knows: the sports camps are total crap!!! It's seriously a joke. That's why this year I did my tennis with and it ROCKED! It was amazing! Our coach (of the 6 people there...I'll tell you about crappy advertising later.) was A.J. something or other, who is on the BYU tennis team, and rocks at tennis. (and no Hanna he was NOT cute.(WTC!?)) He was a good teacher, and it was a really fun camp especially because he taught us REAL tennis, not crap joke tennis like the high school wierdos taught.
Cameron and Kortneys soccer was fun too, I guess, but I wouldn't know as I wasn't there! They said they had fun though and Kortney is really hooked on soccer now. Every day she came home and she was all like, in soccer you do this, and this is how you kick, and to score a goal you...and blah, blah, blah. They both did a British soccer camp, so you can guess, their instructors were from England. They both thought the instructors were awesome, and Kortney kept saying "I'm on SAM'S team!!!" like he was a celebrity.
The only crappy thing was that Cam and Kort's team was HUGE because , even though they do TERRIBLE camps with TERRIBLE coaches, does a really really really good job advertising. , not so much. They almost canceled Cam's football because only 3 kids signed up. does really good camps, with really good coaches, but no one even knows because they don't advertise AT ALL, and the only way you would find out is by going under the website and specifically searching "sports camps."
So about Cam's football... I left something out when I was explaining my tennis. There wasn't just one coach, but two. One was A.J. and the other was Jamal. He's this gigantic guy with the whole Dwayne Johnson muscles going on, and he plays 2 sports. A bit of tennis, but mainly FOOTBALL. So guess who is Cam's football coach? Him. I guess he played in the NFL for a little while, and he teaches football camps all over and totally runs that really expensive BYU camp for football, where you stay in the dorms. Anyway, it was just kinda cool.
So, yeah. That was our sport camps. I'll try to keep you posted if anything else happens in our totally boring lives.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment