So this is how my last week went: (Tomorrow is the last day of school! Then I will be a 6th grader!)
Tuesday: Was "Colonial Days." We did like all kinds of reenactments like we lived in the colonial times, not all of which were fun. We made homemade candles, toys, and widling stuff, and we sawed the log with a gigantic saw like they used to, and we ate some really gross colonial food like dried elk meat. (BLEH!!) The not fun part, besides the gagful food was the freaking dancing we had to do! The people told us that back then what they did for fun was dancing in groups when they had spare time. We had to dance with the boys! Sick! I didn't even know the guy I danced with (random person at our school) but it was weird!
Wednesday: We had our "Invention Convention." My class had to do an assignment where we invent something that would improve our daily lives. Some of the things people did were really stupid, like stickable bug spray. (Off! with duct tape on the back.) Mine was called the "Bed Butler." How it works is you pull on a string attached to your bedsheet and it makes your bed for you. There is a little spool (the end of a long paintbrush that I broke) that you twist and it rolls your bedsheets up into a ball, then you just have to give one little tug on a string and your bed is made in a matter of seconds! Yeah then later in the day we cleaned out our desks, and when I came home my backpack was 100 pounds.
Thursday: (today) Today we will do FIELD DAY!!! The best day of the year! We will be having a water gun fight, (which means getting absolutely soaked) playing tons of games in the field, and watching a movie in our class room while we dry off. Then we go home. Sounds like fun! I'm super excited.
Friday: is the last day of school:( We will be there for 1.5 hours signing yearbooks (which are totally sweet this year!) and saying goodbye I guess. We got our yearbooks yesterday and during B-track my class all looked through them instead of reading:) haha. They made a school yearbook too this year, which would make it the first school yearbook I've ever had! It just has pictures of everyone at school, then there is Coke or Pepsi type stuff in the back. I think the funniest pictures in the yearbook would have to be the Halloween pictures and the Walk a Thon pictures.
Then later we will be going to the Hoogle Zoo with Hanna, and having dinner at Olive Garden. Sounds fun! (again)
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment