Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hope Of America

Hope of America was yesterday! It was totally fun, and way worth the HOURS of practice:) Hope of America is this huge patriotic program at the Marriot Center, where we sing and do all these actions, and there are performances. We also did a couple of songs like Thank You, Military and American Heroes that were broadcast to the soldiers stationed in Iraq. It was super fun!!! I was a red stripe in the flag, 2nd from the bottom. The performances were amazing! They had this "Dancing Grandma" group where there is this NINTY FOUR year old grandma that dances and goes right down into the splits! I also recently found out that my Aunt Susie is in that group so it was pretty awesome. They also had this really cool dance group that preformed on Dancing With The Stars, and made Paula Abdul's top ten best dance group list thing. They were REALLY amazing! They also had all these little kid preformances that rocked, and cool pre-show people like the Green Man Group. It lasted like an hour and a half, and with the 12,000 other families there, we didn't get home until around 11 from all the TERRIBLE traffic. (It was worth it though.) And, the best part, I reunited with RILEY NELSON, the BYU quarterback on the football team! He watched the whole preformance and talked to the crowd at one part, and also led the pledge. There were also two other people from the football team, but who cares about them! Remember when Riley came to my school in 4th grade? He gave me a pen, and even a high five. When he came out, I screamed to my friend Cali who was sitting next to me, "I've met him before! This is so cool!" Anyway, it was an awesome night!

Hope Of America kids (including me!) also known
as over 6,000 5th graders from 70 different
schools! There were so many people they had to
split it up into two different nights. I went on Wed.
rather than Tues.

No comments: