Tuesday, February 22, 2011

St George

















DAY 1
Friday
     We started off, (us with Hanna) at like 9 AM or so, and drove for most of the afternoon. Then, for lunch we ate sandwiches, went to Walmart, went on a walk to the park, got Don Pedros for dinner, (I got a DELISH seafood burrito....LOVE SEAFOOD!) then went on a hike to the mountain across the street from my Gma's house.
      Everyone there: US, everyone but my dad. (5 people) Hanna, her and Camdon. (2 people) Grandma, (1 person.) Holly, Everyone in her family- All our long-lost cousins! We were all so excited to see them! (6 people) Daniel, All his family- again, so excited! (7 people, or 6 and newborn Hier! He's so cute!)
Favorite things: The seafood burrito, (YUMMY!!!!) And seeing all my family again!
Not-so-favorite things: The boring car trip.
OVERALL: 4/5

DAY 2
Saturday
       We went to the movies, and saw Narnia the Voyage Of The Dawn Treader. Then later we made an attempt to go shopping, only reaching one store. (Barnes and Noble.) I ate Banana Pancakes (yes, the famous traditional ones) for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and McDonalds for dinner. Okay, that's a lie. I didn't actually eat the McPUKES...(G-R-O-S-S with a capital G!!!) I saved room for my..........
MIDNIGHT SUSHI TRIP!!!
My super awesome aunt, Holly, took me out for sushi in the dead of night. It TOTALLY ROCKED! Me and Holly are the seafood queens, so this was amazing. I tried out a couple new things. Some of them included: Octopus, (I think the tentacle) Eel, (surprisingly TASTY! I'm pretty sure body) I also had some kind of seaweed, and this wierd cabbage stuff. I didn't really like the taste of the Octo so much. It was kinda chewy, and it tasted fishy. I ate with chopsticks, so that gives sushi night a big bonus! (LOVE using chopsticks.) We went to Ichiban with me, Holly, Hailey, and my mom. This trip gets 10/10. LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!!!

DAY 3
Sunday
       We went to church, or atleast tried. Her church is SOOOO huge, they didn't have room for half the ward, with all the seats full and everything, and so we were in the hall the whole time. We heard nothing, especially with all the crazy kids yelling. (Only stayed for sacrament.) Total waste.
        We went to Zions, but it was raining so we couldn't do anything. It rained every day of this trip. That's why we stayed in most of the time. We only got to go to the Visitors center, and walk around a bit.
       Later, Grandma's friend from High School came over, and had cinnamon rolls with us. Her name was Katie, but I don't remember her husbands name.
       That day we had French Toast, Hoagie sandwiches, Tacos, and Cinnamon rolls+Ice cream. Yummy day.
       I didn't like the rain. At the end of the day, we told scary stories, and the adults watched a movie. I liked Hanna's story about the whole "Humans can lick hands, too!" and Daniels version of "Pinky and the Witch".

DAY 4
Monday
~Everyone left today!~
       We ate breakfast at Ihop, then went on the hike. (Most of the pictures above.) We saw Mountain Lion footprints, and tons of nature. We had to climb, slide, and jump alot. There was this one part, where we heaved ourselves up a rope, to get to the "3rd Pool". It was (the rope) hanging over a HUGE, and I'm guessing DEEP, body of water. Daniel carried up his 3 smallest boys....YIKES! On the way down I slipped a little, but Daniel caught me. It was kinda scary coming down, but super fun!
Not-so-favorites: I got muddy feet, and half-ruined shoes, the LONG car ride, and not being able to go to the Bear Paw, which has THE BEST breakfast EVER!
Favorites: I liked the salmon taco at Cafe Rio, and the awesome Cougar footprints & pictures I got.
At the end of the day: The trip was over, and I was back home.

2 comments:

Holly Grow said...

Awe, This makes me miss you guys again. We had a great time with you. Thanks for the fabulous midnight sushi run...I had a BLAST! We will definitely do that again when you come to San Diego. You rock Kait! I love you!

Amy said...

Oh man....looks like we missed out on a lot of fun! Thanks for posting the pics Kait they look great! Miss you guys!!!