Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dentist

Last week a dentist came to our school to do a cool but GROSS presentation. We did 2 things. 1, we learned to brush our teeth better, and 2 we learned to wash our hands ALOT. I know, it doesn't sound cool or exciting, but it really was. You would know if you were there. In person it's alot more.......better (?) then however I'm going to word this out. ANYWAY.....

So first this guys assistant gave us some kind of orange stuff to rub in to our hands. (It'll make sense later.) Then the dentist gave us a lesson on brushing our teeth. (blah, blah, blah) Then we got to TRY to brush our teeth like he told us, the RIGHT way, for 2 minutes. (You know like you're supposed to?) We had to brush each "section of teeth" for 30 seconds. (Top right, top left, bottom right, and bottom left.) After we were done with all that, we had to suck on this little red thing, that I found out later dyes the plaque on your teeth BRIGHT pink, so where we hadn't brushed very well we had some kind of a psycho neon tooth, and everyone could tell who did a sucky job. Luckily, I actually did SO good, that I got to go up in front of the class (the dentist picked me above everyone else!!!!!! I am so cool. Haha) and he showed everyone how good we should do. (YAY!) We learned we need to brush our teeth better. Maybe even more then the recommended 2 min......Except for meeee!!! So much for my so-called "Pirate teeth." (What my mom calls me when I don't brush in the morning.)

Now about the hands. (Waaaayyyyyy grosser....if thats even a word!) His assistant, as mentioned above, taught us about washing our hands. Of course there was the lesson, and even before that the weird orange stuff. First of all, a little fact about the orange stuff, it makes out hands (or whatever we touch) glow orange under an ultra-violet light. So all while we were doing the tooth thing, the invisible-to-the-naked-eye-if-you're-not-looking-under-the-light orange stuff rubbed off like "germs" on EVERYTHING we touched. So the lady brought out the light, and we saw bright orange all over literally everything- our hair, toothbrush, pencil, desk, hands, clothes, face, etc. Then she taught us HOW to wash our hands, and after we got back from the bathroom she got the light out and we saw our hands again. Unfortunately, mine were barely even different. I'm not perfect at everything..... Haha.

No comments: