Friday, January 23, 2009

Back to the holidays....- Kait

SOOO......for Christmas my grandma gave me a coupon, felt, and a Sewing kit. The coupon was her saying, "Ok, Kaitlin YOUR Christmas present is sewing lessons." SO, for a whole half-a-month we didn't sew anything. (of course I didn't know what we were making.) Then, Yesterday 2 seconds after I had gotten home from school, RING, RING,RING! So my mom answered it as I was sitting there doing my homework, she (was still on the phone.) said, "hey, Kait Grandma wants to know if you wantta come sew," And so the reply was yes. So when I got there she was busy, but after all that she said, " OK, I thought we would start with your blanket." that clued me in that we were making a blanket. So i said "Yeah, sounds good" so we did my blanket. It had cute little frogs on it, and I sewed it by MYSELF only. Like I said, there was 4 (other)grown ups there and 5 kids she couldn't only focus on me. She told me what to do and i did it. All Myself. It was fun. After that she told me that I could make 4 Pajama bottoms. Two for me, one for Kortney, and one for Kels. (because all of it is girly fabric.) We started with my pink ones of course. I kept telling her "I have no idea how this is going to make pants!" but in the end, it did. Last night I slept with both of them. Although my mom tried to take it from me she thought it was so nice.
P.S if changing the color confused you or something, sorry. I thought it might make you more, like inter rested, or keep listening in case it was actually boring to you guys. Sorry for the Inconvenience.

1 comment:

Granny D said...

Wow that is sooooo awesome. I am glad you are learning to sew and increase your knowledge.