Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cute new lamp!

This one is for you, Krissi-

You won't believe how cute we made this... We got an old lamp for $2 and fixed it up SUPER cute. We (as in me and grandma) went to this really awesome store, Finders Keepers, (which I deffinetly reccomend. You should really go there sometime it is soooo cute!) and got ideas. What they do is get really old furniture, things at yard sales, and really common stuff you might find at Walmart for cheap, and they fix it up WAY cute. (And then sell it for a fortune!) So I found this really cool lamp I liked, and so me and grandma checked it out and it was $75 freaking dollars! So grandma goes to Krissi and gets the EXACT same lamp for $2. Then we both went to Hobby Lobby and got all the rest of the stuff to make it. So we did this for around $5 when the other option was to get it for $75, and ours is way cuter, because I personalized it and put ribbon in the middle and balls on the bottom of the edge on the lamp shade. How awesome.

Click on the image to view it bigger and see all the way cute details
 Top
 Bottom
 Whole thing (check out the ribbon and polka dots....so awesome.)
We also saw this there, and I really liked it. So we did the same thing as we did with the lamp.

I also made a bunch of headbands today with Hanna. They were really fun and easy, and really cute. You can find all the instructions and stuff here. Really cool- check it out! Here's a pic of one of mine that I made that matched my outfit.


No comments: