Sunday, December 6, 2009

Caliente

This week I had an AWESOME 3-day trip to CALIENTE, to see my cousin, Hailey, get baptised. It was really fun visiting their cute little town-I love going there every once in a while. Although, the ride there and back is.....not so fun. (A 5-hour drive is alot for me....but then again, it isn't as bad as Lake Powell's 9-hour drive.) Right after she got baptised,  and we ate refresments, we had a BLAST of a Saturday at Cathedral Gorge. (Or however you say that!)

    Cathedral Gorge or however you say it, is I guess like a small Valley. At first i was a little afraid because Hailey kept going on and on about the Mountain Lions, or Cougars, that lived there. But then later Daniel said there was some kind of protective fungus that grows along the trail. First, we went thorough this big flight of steps. The we saw wells and diffrent cool other caves and things, then we got to the MOON CAVES where the real fun began.

    At Moon Caves I learned how to ROCK CLIMB!!!!! It was so fun, but then again also scary. first we went up a 30-foot cliff, then there was a small passage way to stand, and another 30-foot cliff down the other side. So the tallest dude went down first ( BTW, we broke the rules and turned the rope over and went down the other cliff. ) Then when the rope cut out of length half-way, we stood on the dude's shoulders and piggy backed to the ground. Then we SQUEEZED through small places and got on our tummys and crawled thhrough caves, it was really pretty cool. Then we rock climbed back up, and ROPPELLED down the other side. (See Hanna, you should of come-You would of had SO much fun with us!!!! Oh and I forgot a part, Only kids above 8 that wanted to go could go.) Daniel said that I was the BEST ropeller. (Krissi knows what that means!!!!)  ropelling is like go DOWN the cliff rather than up. (If didn't already know.)

   Over all the rating was.....AWESOME!!!!!!!! But, Grandma didn't take her camara, so we didn't get pictures.....sorry!

   1-10.......rating = hmmmm.......9.99
                                            BAD:  because no camara. GOOD: because the Hotel we stayed at, (it was cute, small and simple) the food, the activitys...pretty much everything else. Only a Quarter percentage or whatever for no camara.

THANKS GUYS!


P.S. Hope you like the new background and header!

3 comments:

Hanna said...

very cute background and header. i'm sorry i missed out on all the fun :(

Krissi Mortensen said...

It sounds like you are going to have to come rock climbing with me and brady this summer. In fact we go in the winter to this indoor place. Hunter loves it. THe next time we go we will give you a call. SOunds like you have fun.

Granny D said...

I am so glad you had a ton of fun but you forgot to mention how much fun you had riding down with me, grandma, and hanging with me in the car for 10 hours.....ok, I forgive you....I guess chllling with an old grandma is not as fun as repelling off a rock cliff...