Today I got to drive the sister missionaries back and forth from their home to some appointments. I took Kelsey along with me. It was so much fun. I was excited all day. My kids thought I was crazy spending an hour cleaning out my car for them. I explained that they are representing Jesus and I wouldn't want take Jesus around in a dirty car, so I better clean it for the sisters.
One sister is from British Columbia, Canada and the other is from New Jersey. They were so sweet. I learned all about the quit smoking program. You start with a prayer, you drink grapefruit juice, take vitamin C and wash your mouth with cinnamon flavored mouthwash right after each meal. You learn something new every day.
I love the missionaries, especially the sisters. It reminded me of the good old days as a sister missionary myself in Mexico.
It also made me think of my own testimony of Christ. In my darkest moments, when I am all alone and wondering if there is a purpose, wondering if God is there listening, does He care? I am quietly and sweetly reassured that I am His child, that He is listening and He loves me. There is a purpose to this life and I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and that He lives. I love Him.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yeah, I was supposed to go with the sister missionaries yesterday and they totally ditched me...again. At least your's let you go.
Post a Comment